If you sing or play an instrument, there are many opportunities for you to get involved in the musical life of the congregation. From classical to jazz and folk to contemporary, a wide array of musical styles are offered in services, concerts and outreach activities.
Check our calendar for our current rehearsal schedules.
Sunday Music (non pandemic)
- The Adult Choir is open to all adults who are interested in singing. This voice ensemble of 35-40 singers performs during regular services throughout the year. Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Sunday morning warm-ups are held before services begin.
- The Chamber Choir is a small vocal ensemble that requires an audition. This ensemble performs during services throughout the year. Rehearsals are held twice a month on Wednesday evenings from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- The Children’s Choir performs during the school year and is open to children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Rehearsals are held on Sundays from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary, beginning the third Sunday in September and running through the end of May. To sign up your child for the Children’s Choir, contact Director of Music John Herrick.
- Our UUCC Band includes singers and instrumentalists from the congregation. Performing in services throughout the year, the band covers a wide range of musical styles, from bluegrass to folk and soft rock.
- The Handbell Ensemble uses a set of 4-octave Malmark handbells to create beautiful sounds. Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- If you are interested in being a guest singer or instrumentalist, contact Director of Music John Herrick, or call 704-366-8623, Ext. 6037.
Community Building and Special Programs
Community building is an important part of the Music Program, which includes regular social gatherings, an annual progressive potluck and a yearly retreat. Holiday outreach activities include Christmas caroling and “Singing Valentine” visits to area assisted-living facilities. UUCC musicians also participate in:
- Seasonal Programs
- Annual Music Sunday Service
- Summer Choir
- Southeast District (UU) Choir Festival
The Music Program also acts as a musical resource for the Children and Youth Religious Education (CYRE) and the Adult Religious Education and Spiritual Development (ARESD) Programs.
For More Information About the Music Program
To get involved in the Music Program, contact Director of Music John Herrick, or call 704-366-8623, Ext. 6037. You can also contact John for the latest rehearsal and performance schedule.