Next Activity Bags Ready for Pick Up Nov. 18-21
We are committed to providing opportunities for your children to stay connected to our U.U. community and each other. In addition to Sunday Zoom classes for all ages, we offer a virtual children’s choir, other social and spiritual opportunities by age groups and for families – and curriculum-based activity bags.
What are activity bags?
- Activity bags function both as a complement to the preschool and elementary Sunday classes and as stand alone programming for children /families who choose not to participate in the online classes. The first set of bags were picked up by families in early September; the second set will be ready next week. Each bag contains general craft supplies plus separate bags for each week. In addition to craft supplies, the SpiritPlay bags include the story and wondering questions and the Elementary CARTUUN bags include the name of the animated short film and discussion questions. This way, kids can create their own class experience at home off-line, at any time – although we recommend Sunday mornings to get into a routine.
- The next set of bags can be picked up at the UUCC on the following dates, times TBA in Currents and in the UUCC Families Facebook group:
- Thursday, Nov 18
- Friday, Nov 19
- Saturday, Nov 20
- Parents should pull up to the front of the church (traffic circle) where a volunteer will come to your car. Please note that only our volunteers are allowed in the building and they must wear a mask when delivering the bags to the cars.
Sunday Zoom Links
9:15am 3s-K Kids & Parents SpiritPlay https://zoom.us/j/95509046461
9:15am K-1st Kids SpiritPlay https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84423985250
10:00am 2nd-3rd CARTUUNS https://zoom.us/j/95715929854
10:00am 4th-5th CARTUUNS https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84978133303
11:15am Middle School Gathering https://us02web.zoom.us/j/182265792
11:15am High School Gathering https://zoom.us/j/95760998093?pwd=RFRTTjZybHFCZGNzbkt2KzBUOWtIdz09
SpiritPlay – two classes
- Spirit Play is a Unitarian Universalist program of religious education that evolved from a long line of Montessori-based religious education programming. It is based on ritual, story, wondering, and “work” activities. Spirit Play gives children the tools to make meaning of their lives within the container of Unitarian Universalism.
- We will offer two classes this year: one for our youngest preschoolers which will include parents/guardians (although older kids are welcome) and one for our K-1st graders.
CARTUUNS – two classes
- CARTUUNS uses animated shorts from Pixar and Disney as the basis for discussion about the values inherent in Unitarian Universalism. These short animated films run only 3-ll minutes long, making it easy to keep a child’s attention. Discussion and fun activities keep children engaged.
- We will offer two classes this year: one for our 2nd-3rd graders and one for our 4th-5th graders.
Middle and High School – two classes
- We are committed to keeping our Middle and High School youth connected to each other and their advisors, as well as the larger congregation. Sunday classes will remain on Zoom. They will include both check in and a combination of videos/discussion/activities. Along with our larger congregation, our youth will focus on barriers to inclusive community and the work of justice. The High School youth will lead the November 15 service, topic to be decided at their Sept 25 lock-in. Parents will learn more at the September parent orientation.
CYRE Registration: We will not require current families to register while we continue to meet online. They will stay on the list unless they opt out. New families should register using this link.