In response to recent changes in Center for Disease Control (CDC) and state guidelines regarding safe interactions during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Unitarian Universalist Community of Charlotte (UUCC) staff has been exploring ways to gather safely in our building at 234 N. Sharon Amity Rd. (234)
We are pleased to now be able to offer meeting space in Freeman Hall for UUCC programming and existing small groups, such as Affinity or Discovery Groups, and to offer restroom access to larger groups meeting outside the building, such as Adult Choir rehearsals and other events on the grounds, with the following restrictions:
- Only one group may be in the building at a time. All participants must abide by the Building and Restroom Access Rules set out below.
- Space must be reserved. To request a reservation, please email Office Administrator, Belinda Parry – firstname.lastname@example.org – or call the UUCC office at (704) 366-8623. Meeting times are available Monday – Friday between 5:30 and 9 p.m., Saturday morning until 11 a.m. or after noon, and Sunday after 1 p.m. Reservation requests will be considered in the order in which they are received.
- Outdoor events with access to restroom facilities do require a reservation and must abide by the Building and Restroom Access Rules set out below.
- Indoor meetings are limited to 15 people and require prior registration. To maintain safe social distancing, the maximum number of participants allowed is 15. In order to ensure that this limit is not exceeded, groups requesting a reservation must have a registration process in place. Only people who have registered for the event will be allowed inside the building.
- Outdoor events with access to restroom facilities are required to abide by the Building and Restroom Access Rules set out below. Outdoor events are not limited by the 15-person maximum but are encouraged to offer registration whenever possible.